Friday, August 10, 2007

"It's Hot"

It is incredibly hot, in fact. I don't think it has gotten below 80 degrees at night all week. And in the day? Into the triple digits. Much, much too hot for me. So, MissMunchkin hasn't gotten to go get the mail or even go to the pool. It's too hot to swim even!

Strangely, now that I think about it, she hasn't been complaining about not going outside. Usually after a day or two I start getting shoes brought to me and chants of "siii, sii, sii!!" Which I take as her attempts to say 'outside.' I haven't heard that all week. Maybe even MissMunchkin has realized it's too hot out. That'd be a first!

Actually this post was to have nothing to do with the temperature outside but rather MissMunchkin's new favorite phrase: "It's hot."

I suppose it's my fault really. When I give her dinner I usually tell her the main dish is hot and to be careful. (Mind you it's never anything that's incredibly hot, just hotter than the room temperature fruit she's shoving in spoon over fist.)

Now whatever I give her that's not straight out of the fridge is "hot."

"I's 'ot" is more what it sounds like.

It's been sitting in front of her for ten minutes with her playing with it and she looks at me to say for the twentieth time:

"I's 'ot."

It'd be infuriating if it wasn't so damn adorable.

No comments: